Bruxism is a term which is used to describe teeth grinding which happens at night. Night time teeth grinding is often a common occurrence that may go undetected for long periods. Bruxism may be caused by stress, anxiety, abnormal bite, crooked teeth, missing teeth and lifestyle factors.
Bruxism can be stopped through a number of ways:
· The use of a mouth guard will protect the teeth but will not eliminate the grinding.
· Cutting down on the consumption of caffeine which may cause teeth grinding.
· Cutting down on the consumption of alcohol.
· Finding ways to reduce stress such as taking a walk and even meditating.
· Avoiding the habitual chewing on non food items.
Read the full story [email protected]:
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic/freedigitalphotos.net