How to Cope with Sleep Apnoea?

Sleep Apnoea and Your Driving Licence

If you're diagnosed as having obstructive sleep apnoea you must to inform the authority which has issued your driving licence. When telling them they will want to know the contact details of your doctor and specialist who is helping you deal with this condition. They'll also want to know if you're receiving treatment, if the condition is in hand, and if you're now free from excessive daytime drowsiness.

If you have a standard driving licence for a car or motorcycle, you can continue driving when your condition is confirmed as being under control by a medical person. If you happen to have a driving licence for commercial vehicles like a heavy goods vehicle, you will need the same confirmation that the condition is under control, and ongoing treatment and regular licencing reviews.